Winters in Culpeper are often icy, frigid and prolonged – which puts your heater in high demand! Make sure your system is up to the task by maintaining your furnace. Here at HVAC Precision Experts, we’re here for our Virginia customers and believe that everyone deserves a safe, warm home this winter.
With that said, is there anything you can do to maintain your own heating system? Read on to learn some heater maintenance tasks you can complete yourself. Remember, when you need to go above and beyond a DIY furnace tune-up, turn to the professionals on our team.
Why You Need A Seasonal Furnace Tune-Up
Even though your home’s heating system only gets used during the colder months, don’t wait until winter settles in to prepare and maintain your system. Pay attention to the signs that your unit needs repair and follow the steps below to keep your heater well-maintained.
- Inspect for drafts – Heat can escape your home through gaps between windows and doors. Make sure your home is well insulated to save you from wasting energy and driving up utility costs.
- Change your air filter – This is one of the most important and easiest things any homeowner can do to maintain their heater. In general, and depending on the size of your household and type of filter you use, you should change your filter every three months.
- Keep your outdoor unit clean – Built-up debris, animal nests and fallen leaves can collect in and around your unit. Clear away any materials around your outdoor unit to allow for adequate airflow.
- Seal your ductwork – Your heater may be working harder than it has to if your air ducts are damaged or leaking. Ensure your system is running efficiently by repairing leaky ductwork.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat – Setting your heater to run at specific times does more for you than putting an end to household thermostat wars. With a programmable or smart thermostat, you can save money on your energy bills and live more comfortably indoors.
- Clean and service your system – Your furnace, be it gas powered or electric, requires annual maintenance to run efficiently. Let our professional technicians inspect, clean and service your heater so you stay warm all winter long.
Follow these steps to ensure your heating system runs as it should. When it’s time for repairs or annual maintenance, reach out to the team at HVAC Precision Experts to schedule your heater tune-up!
Trusted Culpeper Heater Maintenance
With over 15 years of industry experience, HVAC Precision Experts is proud to be your local heating and cooling company. Let our team of professional technicians work with you to make sure you’re living comfortably year-round. We believe in working with transparency, never cutting corners and providing our customers with the service they deserve.
Enter the winter season with confidence when you schedule your heater maintenance with our team. Let our services show you the difference professional tune-ups can make in your home. Give us a shot with all your heating and cooling needs – reach out to us today!